EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE Agenda Thursday, July 26 ....

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

Agenda

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 9:30 a.m.

Conference Call

 

Voting Member of the        Attendance  
Executive Committee Yes No  
President Hart X    
President Elect Thompson X    
Vice-President Poole X    
Chapter Treasurer Rader X    
Chapter Delegate Hummel X    
Branch Delegate - Central   X  
Branch Delegate - Detroit Metro X   SCOTT GORDON
Branch Delegate - Downriver   X  
Branch Delegate - Mideast   X  
Branch Delegate - Midwest X   ERIC SCOTT
Branch Delegate - Northern X   PETER STALEY
Branch Delegate - Southwest X   KEVIN GLUPKER
Branch Delegate – U.P.   X  
1st Past President Hurt X    
2nd Past President Skylis X    
       
Quorum (7 Needed)  11  4  

Also, in attendance:  Tracy Spencer-Administrator, Taylor Hiner-GCSI, Mark Bonkowski-Sponsor Relations, Brandy Siedlaczek-Water Resources, Jessica Katers-CEC/CEH, Gary Mekjian-Gov’t Affairs

 

  1. Call to Order by President Hart at 9:44 am and asked for self-introduction of Members/Guests.

 

  1. It was moved by Skylis and seconded by Hurt to approve June 28, 2018 Minutes.  All were in favor.

 

  1. Treasurer’s Report- Rader reported that she struggled to get information from the branches to complete the financials.  Information should have been turned in by July 11th, and she finally got the last one on July 24th so she will be working on them this weekend.  Rader would like to have an Audit completed before the August 16th meeting.  It was decided that Chuck Hart, Tracy Spencer and Carl Fedders would conduct the Audit.  There was discussion on having an alternate Treasurer incase something happens to Rader, possibly Larry Hummel since he is located closely to Linnea.  Since all branch treasurers have a working knowledge of the duties of the Chapter Treasurer, it was suggested that Carl Fedders would be a good candidate.

 

  1. President Elect Report-no report.

 

  1. Administrator Spencer discussed the website and asked for suggestions on where to put “Presentations” on the website.  Spencer will give Taylor Hiner access to the website so she can update the website.  It was reported that (10) Illinois Chapter members will be joining us for the joint Chapter Night in Kansas City, and she is just waiting for the payment.

 

 

 

 

 

  1. Council of Chapters Report- Doug Skylis provided his information to Ashley at National that he will be the Chapter’s Alternate.  If you would like anything brought up to the National Board, please send it along to Doug or Larry so it can be presented during the Council of Chapters meeting during PWX.  Doug signed up to be part of the National PACE committee, while Larry will continue with the K12 committee.  Larry suggested that we all read Rich’s Newsletter and Tom Trice’s Talking Points.

 

 

  1. Strategic Planning Update-There was discussion that we have a (1) day Strategic Planning Meeting in September.

 

 

  1. Branch Reports
    1. Central- no report.

 

  1. Detroit Metro – Scott Gordon reports the branch is trying to move the meeting locations, so the next one will be at the Fenton Firehouse.

 

  1. Downriver – Thompson reported that August 10th will be the annual boat outing.

 

  1. Mideast – no report

 

  1. Midwest – Eric Scott reported that the July 18th golf outing had 25 teams and was a good day.  The next Public Works Academy meeting will determine what Phase II would look like, Fall of 2018 or Spring of 2019.  The branch Christmas party will be on December 12th at Founders.

 

  1. Northern – Staley reports that registrations are coming in for the Equipment and trade show on September 6th.

 

  1. Southwest – Glupker reported that August 2nd will be the annual golf outing at the Medalist.  They are working on an October meeting, possibly on the 10th. 

 

  1. Upper Peninsula – no report.

 

 

  1. Reports (10-15 minutes)
    1. APWA Michigan Chapter Annual Great Lakes EXPO Conference – Jessica Katers has indicated that she will continue handling the CEC/CEH’s for the conference, while Karen Mondora will take over the Awards program.  Don Rohraff and Gary Mekjian have volunteered to be Co-chair of the Expo Conference.  We heard TAMC was very pleased with the co-locating and the attendees expressed interest in attending our Pre-Expo functions.  There was some concern expressed regarding the location being golf oriented and if the training is not the focus, many agencies may not come.

 

  1. Communications/Social Media-Hiner stated there was not much new to report.  They are finalizing the new member packets and next week the next issue of the Great Lakes Reporter should be sent to the printer.

 

 

  1. Marketing and Outreach – There was discussion on how the Marketing/Outreach and Membership committees were becoming one in the same so it would be recommended that they combine with Jen Lawson taking over it all.

 

 

  1. Membership – nothing new to report.

 

 

  1. Michigan Night at PWX – There are 32 people signed up for this event.  There was discussion on getting drink sponsors.  John and Chuck will work on it.

 

 

  1. Site Selection Committee Recommendation Update – no report

 

 

  1. Volunteer Coordination- Chuck will follow up with Nancy. 

 

 

  1. Special Assignment Committee Reports (5 minutes)
    1. Public Works Academy – They will be having a follow up meeting.  Chuck and Doug are working on getting this on the East side of Michigan.

 

 

  1. Standing Committee Reports (2 minutes)
    1. Continuing Education/Training- no report.

 

 

  1. Diversity – no report. 

 

 

  1. Legislative and Government Affairs – Mekjian does not have much to report.  He encourages all to read up on the issues and keep informed.  He also recommends that we have the Meet and Greet in February 2019. 

 

  1. Sponsor Relations- No update right now. 

 

 

  1. MPSI- Rader reports that Spring 2019 class is almost full and if you plan to attend or send someone you should register for Fall 2019 now. 

 

 

  1. Young Professionals – Matt Anderson is planning a westside event in October. 

 

 

  1. Water Resources – Siedlaczek- no report.

 

 

  1. Past Presidents Council – Hurt reports he got a great response and he may have a meeting in the 1st part of September.  He is looking at goals and charter of what this committee should do.

 

 

  1. PACE Award – Hart had a meeting in his office to start the process.  The next thing we need to do is nominate a Public Works employee for the Top 10 award.

 

 

  1. New Business – none.

 

 

  1. Adjournment:  10:55 a.m.

 

NEXT EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING SEPTEMBER 27, 2018 – 9:30AM AT GCSI, LANSING

APWA Michigan Chapter Exec Board Mtg MEETING MINUTES 7.26.18.docx APWA Michigan Chapter Exec Board Mtg MEETING MINUTES 7.26.18.docx
Facebook 

You have been logged out...

You have been logged out of the system due to inactivity. Please login again.

Loading...